Management Profiles - Independent Director
Ms. Shubhada Jahagirdar
Ms. Shubhada Jahagirdar aged 62 years is a Woman Independent Director of our Company. She holds a B.A. (Hon.) in Psychology & Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) both from University of Mumbai, Masters in Social Work (MSW) in family and child welfare from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, has done Diploma in Business and Marketing Management, IITC and is a Trainer in Entrepreneurship Development of India, Ahmedabad.
She has been working academically and professionally to facilitate the welfare of communities, individuals and societies which include the following:
• 42 years as a Secretary for Bal Bodhpeeth, an NGO involved in conducting creative programmes for children between 6 to 12 years age all over India
• 10 years as a Vice President in Yuvak Pragati Sahyog , an NGO involved in organizing activities for local and international youth. Further, in 1983 led the delegation to Europe to study the youth activities there.
• Founder trustee of Golden Energizers (NGO) registered in 2010 for empowering Senior Citizens for powerful living & facilitating of various NGO’s quality of service and creating platform for NGO’s working for senior citizen’s field for NETWORKING.
• Conducting SOS village scheme – Bal Anand Gram, a home for destitute children at Lonavala for past 40 years.
• Trustee in Maze-Maher (NGO) in Kalachowkie, Mumbai, involved in the rehabilitation of destitute girls and Stree Bal Shakti, an NGO running 118 balwadis in Mumbai.
• Worked on various Pollution control committees of the Maharashtra government.
• Secretary for Indian chapter of International Business and Professional Women (IBPW) an international organization having 114 countries as members.
• Worked as a family counselor in Mahindra & Mahindra, Kandivali for 5000 workers and for their family welfare activities.
• Worked as a senior population education officer with the Family Planning Association of India, Mumbai.
• Consultant to Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal, Mumbai for two years on deputation from Maharashtra Industrial Technical Consultant (MITCON), Pune.